Invisible No More nominated me (quite a long time ago!) for the Liebster award. I really enjoy the honesty found on her blog. She shares her struggles and triumphs as she maneuvers life at its midway point. I really enjoy reading her take on things.
The Liebster award is a chance to get to know fellow bloggers! I’ve been asked the following questions and then it will be my turn to nominate others and ask them some questions of my own. ^_^
- Has your blog changed from your original, creative vision? How so? I started this blog a month before having my fourth baby last summer. I needed a place to work through my night anxiety, but I also intended on blogging about postpartum weight loss after having her. Being honest about my anxious thoughts and responses to situations has helped me so much! And the weight loss? Well, I lost all of the baby weight (21lbs) within the first week and then another 17lbs came off shortly after! It has been crazy. So, I haven’t needed to blog about weight loss attempts. Instead, I’ve really focused more on healthy living, eco-friendly products, and enjoying life with little ones.
- How long have you been blogging? My first blog was on blogger, exactly six years ago. I blogged about my pregnancy with Samuel because I was nervous and excited and needed to talk things through. I also blogged about homeschooling projects Maggie and Joshua and I worked on together. I didn’t have an audience, lol. After Samuel was born, I made a blog on WordPress and I called it Atlanta Mom of Three. I wrote mostly about pregnancy, birth, motherhood and marriage. I had an audience because of tagging and the WP Reader.
- What did you find to be your greatest challenging for blogging? Hmm, maybe just that I’d love to write more but I don’t have the time. I don’t see it as a challenge or problem, though – my kids will only be these ages once – I can blog loads later!
- How do you spend your down time? Hahahahahahahaha
- Do you have any hobbies that you do not blog about? I document my hobbies on my 2017 page. ^_^
- Have you ever been bungee jumping? Would you welcome that opportunity? No chance. I am severely afraid of heights!
- Dog or Cat? Neither. We used to have a cute kitty named Dorie who lived outside.
- If you had a free night for yourself, and money was no object, what would you do? I would fly somewhere because I love travelling and I haven’t been on an airplane since 1998 and I miss it (I wanted to be a flight attendant!) Hmm, I think I’d fly to New York City. Ha! That answer surprises me. I’d like to see the Statue of Liberty and Central Park.
- What was your favorite vacation? I can’t pick just one! I went to Jekyll Island and St. Simon’s Island as a ten year old; it was amazing! And I went to Mackinaw Island a few times growing up; I loved it!
- Where is your dream travel location (again, money is no object)? I would love to stay at a ski lodge in Colorado!
- Which actor/actress would you like to trade places with for one day? None, thank you!
Okay, now for my nominees and my questions for them!
- What’s something in your life that is unexpected?
- Are you following the same religious beliefs that you grew up with?
- What is a special calendar date for you that has nothing to do with marriage, birth, or death? What happened on that date?
- Have you ever struggled with anxiety, depression, or another another emotional issue? What technique, person, and/or treatment did you find the most beneficial?
- When was the last time that you felt a sense of wonder and/or awe?
I’m looking forward to reading your answers!