Stephanie from Steph’s Crafty Life nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award almost a month ago and today I am happy to accept it and answer her questions for me! Thank you, Stephanie! :)
- Why did you start blogging? I was struggling with anxiety at night and also getting very close to my due date with my fourth baby. I wanted to be able to talk about my feelings, hopefully work through the anxiety, and document my weight loss after having Elizabeth. :)
- Where is your favorite place to visit? I really like small towns, none in particular, they are all special. It’s so much fun to explore a new (to me) town!
- What is your favorite book? Oh goodness, I can’t choose just one. I think I’ve already mentioned some of my favorite classics (Steinbeck especially) so I’ll share a few of my favorite modern(ish) books…Sea Glass by Anita Shreve, Years by Lavyrle Spencer, and Fire by Night by Lynn Austin.
- What is one thing you would buy for yourself if money was no object? Fantastic health insurance (low premiums!) that would last me the rest of my life. lol
- If you could live in any other period of time, when would it be and why? The 1950’s, no question. I love the simple, hard-working pre-corruptness of that time. :)
- What do you feel is the best part of blogging? The way it’s so easy to make new friendships with people all over the world!
- What form of social media do you use most? None, actually. I was doing Twitter again until a few months ago but I got rid of that when I found I wasn’t getting anything out of it. I already don’t do IG or FB. I just feel like there are way more cons than pros for me.
- What person do you admire the most? My husband. He is the hardest working person I’ve ever met, the most dedicated and devoted, and he has a beautiful faith in God.
- What is your favorite season? Fall! Because we have such hot and humid summers, fall comes as such a great relief physically. Of course it’s beautiful, too, but the cool air is the main reason it’s my favorite.
- If you had 3 extra hours in each day, what would you do with them? Read more, probably. I love reading but I only get in about 30-60 minutes a night because I refuse to stay up and be exhausted the next day (Elizabeth wakes to nurse multiples times/night).
- What do you find most challenging about blogging? I guess just not having the time to write more. I have literally 54 drafts in my folder at the moment, lol. I don’t wish for more time, though! When my kids are older and I have an empty nest, I will have unlimited time to write. ;)
Here are the blogs that I’d like to nominate:
And here are the questions I have for my nominees:
What are three activities that bring you happiness?
When you are feeling down, what kinds of things do you do to try and lift your spirits?
What are some of your favorite funny movies (comedies)?
Who is your favorite comedian, and what do you like about him/her?
Does money buy happiness?
Were your parents happy when you were growing up? Why do you think they were/were not?
What makes you laugh out loud?
Does the weather affect your mood?
What in your life are you currently looking forward to?
* * *
♥ Have a beautiful day ♥